Thursday, September 29, 2011

stupid human tricks

I can't stop googling people.  The good and the bad.  I want to state again that I would never use any of the information from work for malicious purposes.  I am a good and honest person.

It is fascinating to interact with a person in the store and then find out what they do and who they are and see how they present themselves to the internet world.  As I am typing, I feel a pang of guilt, like, if I think people are so interesting, why don't I talk to them about their lives to their faces?  But it can't work that way all the time.  A lot of the time.  Most of the time.

I don't expect to befriend these people or for them to change their behavior (the bad ones).  After a defeating day where it felt like everyone was an idiot, I question the capability of humanity.  When I look a little deeper into a life, I am reassured because I see the stupidity and meanness are tricks humans use when shopping.  If you catch a jerk in the right setting, they might just be an ok person.

At least, that is my hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment