Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cheerful thoughts

When I am on my way to work, I pass by this cafe. On Sundays, I often see this one particular couple. I know them through work because they are reps for some of the products we sell. They never acknowledge me. I used to give a little smile, nod, or wave, but gave that up when I realized what was going on. I will admit that it annoys me greatly. I don't want to be their flippin friend, but I am a person, and purposely ignoring me is just rude.

It's like I am not important enough to acknowledge. They are chummy with some of the higher-ups, but I am just a clerk in the store, a poor wage-slave that doesn't run in their circles. I suppose it doesn't matter that, in the trickle down, me and all of my colleagues in retail are part of the reason that they can have their cushy, casual Sunday life.

Maybe they just want to have work and personal life separate. That is fine. So do I. But this is not a big town, and it is just weird to ignore someone. We know each others' names! I went to their freaking baby shower for shit's sake (it was through work, but I was still there listened to them ramble on about their kid and oohed and aahed at stupid baby gifts). It would not be difficult to at least just smile at me.

I am going to make a choice to be over this. If they want to be rude, crappy people, I say good luck. I am going to try to be a better person and appreciate all the clerks in my daily life. A kind word can go a long way.

4 comments:

  1. This is one of my pet hates. I don't understand some people's need to feel superior.

    It is a matter of manners and some people just don't have any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. passed by. just wanna say hi
    and... i hate that kind of people.
    There was a couple in my previous class too. They always liked to behave in a very disgusting way even in front of the teachers. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetie I agree. Keep your head up. I go through that in my office. I mean I've been here a decade and it's only like 50 people here and I get that too. At first, I wanted to choke each offender individually. But then, I realized that I had the power to take my fun self elsewhere. And so I did. Now, those "offenders" are the FIRST to be in my face wanting to know this and that about my weekend. They now stumble over themselves to say hello. As usual, I smile and nod. I have forgiven, but I will never forget. Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! love your post. & your blog :)
    hope to hear from you! Monika ♥

    ReplyDelete