Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Break from Staycations

Being a poor retail clerk with 4-5 vacation days a year, I often choose to stay home and enjoy the simple pleasure of not being at work. Times when I do travel are usually not for me, but rather for someone else, be it wedding, graduation, funeral, or birthday. And while I do love to see family, I also think it would be fun to go somewhere else, like on a Vacation, and see new people, places, and things.

I am very lucky this year! I went on a little trip to Washington D.C. in January and in 2 days I am going to Alaska. These trips have taken planning, frugality, and some mooching here and there, but it is so exciting to experience something new once in awhile.

Cheers to those of us that do not have the luxury of spontaneity! Though we may not fly by the seat of our pants, we may still live!

No comments:

Post a Comment