Friday, June 12, 2009

Crazies come back!

Work has been strangely boring lately. The slow, creeping afternoons, combined with stuffy indoor heat and thoughts of projects I could be doing at home, create a tedious delirium. Almost every afternoon, I attempt to distract myself with chocolate or kombucha, a little treat for putting up with life.

The strange thing is that customers have not been as crazy. After all my bitching horror stories of customers past, one would think it would be good to get what I thought I wanted. The realization that maybe the crazy, crappy customers might be the only element that keeps work from being a snorefest is actually terrifying. There is nothing I can "throw myself into" at work. There is just pacing and inane conversations about napkins.

There is one week until my vacation. I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment