Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chili Pepper Light Man


Guess who's back. Chili pepper light guy. I am sure it is the same man. Every year, he either stops by the store or calls inquiring about chili pepper lights. And every year we have the same conversation.

CPLM: Hi! Do you guys have any pepper lights?

Clerk (me): Pepper lights?

CPLM: Yea! You know! Like a string of lights that look like peppers!

Clerk: Oh! We don't! Sorry!

CPLM: Man! I can't believe you don't have them! They're so cool! Do you think you'll be getting any? Maybe for Cinco de Mayo?

Clerk: I don't know! I haven't heard that we were getting any. We've had them in the past, but I don't know if we'll get them in again.

CPLM: Well, you should tell your boss to get them! They are so fun!

Clerk: Yea! They are fun! Ok, bye!

When I first started this job, there was one lonely string of tangled pepper lights in the clearance room. They had already been down there for half a decade. That was the only time I got to make Chili Pepper Light Man's day: selling him those clearance lights. But he comes back every year, hoping to score.

3 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see this post. Now I know that are many types of Christmas Light today. Just like this Chili pepper lights. And it is nice to use in any occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are lots of ways to make your party venue more exciting and fun. Some people use different kinds of decorations such as balloons, crepe papers and even lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fake commenters this post gets!

    ReplyDelete