Friday, July 13, 2012

Food baby on board

A few weeks ago, one of my co-workers and I were talking with one of our regular customers about our other co-worker, who is pregnant.  I am not really into mommyhood, but I do get excited for my co-workers.  I think the customer misunderstood my excitement.  During our conversation, she reached over and put her hand on my chubby apron belly and asked if I, too, was expecting.  I laughed and told her I was just fat from vacation.  She felt bad and asked if I was going to hate her now.  I don't.

The problem is now I am paranoid that I go around looking pregnant.  I am not fat, but I am not fit.  I am slightly fearful of my favorite oversized shirts and avant garde tunics.  Do I look like I am trying to hide bump?  I cleaned out my apron pockets and have been doing crunches.  And if I do look pregnant, shouldn't people be nicer to me?

Maybe it's time to rediscover my waistline.

No comments:

Post a Comment