Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

I had to work on New Year's Day. We opened at noon and get paid time and a half, so it is a short day that basically pays like a normal one. I had been out fairly late the night before; I like New Year's Eve. But I was in good spirits and was all smiles and happy greetings.

Until I remembered that the first customers that come in on New Year's are some of the crappiest and grumpiest. For example, at 12:02 p.m. I ACCIDENTALLY said "good morning!" to a woman, to which she replied, gruffly, "AFTERNOON." I always hate the whole a.m./p.m. time correction anyway, but this woman wasn't even trying to be civil. It was a little bit crushing. Like, great. I have 5 more hours of women like her. Luckily, the later shoppers were more jovial and we exchanged "Happy New Years!" like decent folk.

Anyway. Happy happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment