Saturday, December 17, 2011

What the heck sort of retail blog is this anyway??

All 5 of my readers may be wondering why I haven't posted more, this being the blessed holiday season and all.  The truth is that I am effing tired.  I am swamped with material, but when I get home, I want to eat, hang out with loved ones, and sleep.  It gets pushed aside, as is the way of the blog.

I did have a super great moment the other day though, or maybe it was today.  I don't remember exactly.  They are all blurring together in a mess of glitter and Christmas songs and candy.  I overheard one of my co-workers telling a customer that we didn't take AMEX and the customer launched into a story of it (the credit card American Express) getting really popular.  She was out to dinner with her friends and they all pulled out the same card!  Which was AMEX!  So, see?  It is really popular because all of her friends have it!

Wow.  This is great news!  An individual and their friend group are a reliable meter for what is cool and popular??  Me and my friends all like to drink pee, so see?  It is popular.  You should do it too.  Because it's popular  and we are a group and we are some people.  You are missing out.

2 comments: