Saturday, March 10, 2012

Hump day

- Today I had the teeniest little hangover.  Saturdays are not good for hangovers because there are so many happy, screaming children.  I was lucky in that my symptoms weren't too severe.

- One of my co-workers broke her arm and missed a few days of work.  We were short-staffed and I had a couple waiting to be rung up at my station while I was talking to a different customer about a product.  The waiting couple were being sort of patient.  The whole time they were standing there I was thinking "why don't they go to a different counter??".  I figured they must not care about waiting.  After about 4 minutes, I could help them.  I apologized for the wait and explained that we were a bit short on staff because my co-worker broke her arm.  As soon as it came out of my mouth, I regretted saying anything.  They were shitty about it in the nicest way.  It frustrates me because they could see that I was helping someone before they walked up to the counter, yet somehow thought they should be served first.  Anyway, whatever, assholes.

- I had a customer use their Sierra Club card to pay for their purchase and then want their items in separate plastic bags.

- Children with open containers of liquid in the store make me nervous.  It brings on those "my mother would NEVER have let us do that!" thoughts.

- Today a lady asked if there was a kettle that could get "hotter than boiling," which confused me because she didn't seem to an idiot.  YOU NEVER CAN TELL.

No comments:

Post a Comment