Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mid May

-After attending the bachelorette party of my co-worker friend, held at a pole-dancing fitness studio, I fear that I do not even have stripping as a back-up career option. My pole work was pathetic and my lap dance was lacking.

-I hate teacher gifts. It's always busy parents trying to find just the right gift, something that says "thank you for making my child a functioning human" but they need it right now! and they don't want to spend any money. I have an idea for a teacher gift: instead of burdening them with worthless knick-knacks, get over the ridiculous supposed secrecy of the value of a gift and just give your precious teacher money. They can use it on their student loans or their retirement.

-You would be surprised at the number of customers that bring back broken ceramic bakeware. One customer in particular has had her pan replaced 3 times, even after blatant misuse. Sometimes I remind customers that ceramic products can break. "The downside is that ceramic pans can break." I actually have to tell people that.

-There is a vagrant man that sometimes parks his carts outside the benchs near our store. I was watching him one day and thinking about what a pain it must be to wheel all that shit around. Then I looked at our customers buying shit they don't need. If they can be consumers, why can't the crazy homeless man be a hoarder as well?

1 comment:

  1. About 3 years ago I purchased the S-Factor series. I like bits and pieces of it. I really wanted a pole, but my bf said it would look ridiculous in our 100 yr. old house, so he tied a gigantic rope to a tree and told me that if I could climb it, I could get a pole. Needless to say, I was happy to see that tree come down in the tornado last year as I never climbed the damn thing. I suppose I didn't need a pole after all. I do have awesome hip circle movements though and a killer lap dance! All in all though, I'm a one-trick pony! LOL!

    ReplyDelete