Tuesday, November 9, 2010

it's my blog and i'll bitch if i want to

The increased attention to this blog from the Reader's Digest bit has sort of freaked me out. I've been rereading some of my older posts, sort of checking in the mirror for spinach in my teeth. What I've discovered is that my view of my job has changed, though it's probably imperceptible to anyone else.

There was a time when I planned to flee my job and my life. When my plans fell through, I took comfort in work. I have become more invested in every aspect of the store. I truly care!

Most of my posts are bitchfests because those are the frustrating and more amazing interactions. But know that for every crappy experience I describe, there is a great one that gives me pride in my work. I don't usually write about those because they are what SHOULD happen.

Maybe I will have an Opposite Week. I will only write about the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment