Sunday, June 26, 2011

weekly highlights

- We carry this one line of citrus squeezers that makes different squeezers for limes, lemons, and oranges.  The lime one is green, the lemon is yellow, and the orange is orange.  People FREAK OUT if we are out of the one they need.  It is useless to tell them that the lemon squeezer will work for most limes as well. 

- Yesterday's theme:  people deciding something was a certain way and then getting pissed at me when I gently corrected them because I can't make an event that never was a past reality. 

- I had a woman ask me if a particular lotion she was buying was "good."  I found myself caught off guard because I HATE the brand; I find their scents extremely strong, fake, and perfumey.  But customers love them and we sell the crap out of them.  Fearful that I made a yuk face, I came back with "well, personally, this is not my preferred scent, but the lotion is nice."  It didn't really matter though because she answered her cell phone and had a loud conversation with her adult child.  When she got off the phone, she told me that it was nice that I was "gainfully employed."

No comments:

Post a Comment