Friday, April 19, 2013

Egg containers

My grandma had a bunch of these lidded, chicken shaped containers and I could never figure them out. Were they weird candy dishes?  They didn't make much sense, but for ladies who had strange porcelain plate collections, they fit right in.  Sort of.

A couple years ago, I saw a pink lidded chicken at a thrift store and became inextricably drawn to the vessel.  It was cheap and then it was on sale, so I bought it.  In my google research, I learned that these dishes were for holding eggs on the counter, like when you want them room temperature for a recipe.  This suddenly made perfect sense to me.  And suddenly these dishes, which I see everywhere, made much more sense:
The porcelain egg crate.  It is the new lidded chicken.  Sure, people like to say they use this when they collect their chicken eggs, but I seriously doubt they carry this 6 holed breakable thing out to the coop.  But it is SO cute, and is perfect for holding eggs on the counter while they come to room temp.  
EGG FASHION!


No comments:

Post a Comment