Monday, May 23, 2011

there are a lot of ways to say "you're wrong"

I wouldn't mind if today passed without any customers claiming that they purchased an item at our store when they could not have because we never carried it.  From what I have learned, this is a common occurrence, not just for me, but for stores and clerks everywhere.  I have written about it before.  It is an annoying situation to navigate.  When the customer is insistent and refuses to back down gracefully, the clerk is basically forced to tell them that they are wrong, without doing so of course. 

I don't like to do it.  Please don't make me do it.

1 comment:

  1. Unless someone is a total prick, I try not to tell them they are idiots, preferring instead to
    indicate we no longer carry that product and stopped doing so at some vague point in the recent past. Less confrontational and also avoiding the guilt of dealing with extreme early onset Alzheimer's....hey it could happen at 16. just sayin'

    On the flipside, Looking for Kraft Garlic Cheese roll "the product you use every holiday" that has not been made since March 2007 and left all store shelves by August of same year. I will be happy to tell how many years it has been, almost to the day. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete